If you are staying in Interno16HolidayHome there is a fresh food local shops nearby. No prepackaged foods and antiseptic counters, but friendly vendors and colorful, delicious vegetables, fruit, cheeses, fishes and meats of every kind. We think of them as museums for food! For a wonderful cultural experience, shop at the single purpose shops where you are often dealing directly with the proprietor who is usually a neighborhood resident as well as an expert on his or her items. If you are there when the store isn’t jammed, you have a chance for a personal interaction and some special advice on your purchases. Here are the types of small food stores that you will encounter.
- Alimentari – Small grocery store with foods of all kinds
- Macelleria – Fresh meat, salami and sausage
- Rosticceria – Take out and eat-in roasted foods, usually meats and vegetables
- Frutta e Verdura – Fruits and vegetables
- Panificio – Bread
- Pasticceria – Pastries, cakes
- Pescheria – Fish
- Salumeria – Cold cuts, cheese, salami, some canned goods
- Latteria – Dairy (milk, butter, cheese)
- Enoteca – Wine
Italian supermarkets have their own charms. It is always fun to just see what is on offer. For vacationers who want to have a nice but low effort meal at home, there are many fresh but semi-prepared items.
A few steps away, the large Decò supermarket is located in Vico Cinquesanti 24 and is open every day: from Monday to Saturday from 8AM to 8:30PM, continuously, and on Sunday from 8AM to 1:30PM.
A little further away in Via Foria on the corner of Via Duomo there is the Carrefour Express supermarket and it is open every day from 7AM to 10PM.